THE open source Learning Management System, or LMS. Moodle websites are full featured educational settings that allow for everything you expect from an LMS that costs thousands of dollars a year for the software license alone – but without the price.
Moodle was created for one purpose, to offer a cost effective e-learning solution to rival the big boys like Blackboard and Angel LMS. It has developed into that and so much more. Taking advantage of social learning pedagogy, Moodle websites can provide your classes with the learning resources they need to accel and advance to the next level. And with a little creativity, they can be used for light CMS and blogging applications too.
- Great Features
- Top Notch Security – designed with student hackers in mind
- Continued use of older versions for years
- 100’s of add ons available
- Not the most attractive software out there – but no less attractive than Blackboard or Angel LMS
- Some of the community contributed add ons do not work as expected. Best practice is to try before you get attached to one.
Drupal is one of the top CMS and with the special Drupal Ed setup you can turn your Drupal based website into an online educational institution.
Joomla CMS can easily host e-learning classes with available add ons.
Have the best of both worlds. The internet’s premier CMS paired with the internet’s best LMS – Joomla and Moodle combined into a single website.